Implement the things describe here and you will find the life more precious and comfortable as you desire and required.
- Play with a child. There are only 6,574 days between a child’s birth and their eighteenth birthday. Don’t waste a single one.
- Keep that wallet in your pocket. Time is money and money is time – don’t spend either without a good reason.
- Stop and smell the roses. You’re never too busy to enjoy the simple pleasures that life affords you.
- Tell someone that they’re doing good work and that you appreciate it. Then tell their boss about it.
- Do something you’ve never done before. You might have a hidden talent you’ve never known about.
- Take a step towards one of your goals. You have goals, right? If you don’t know what the next step is, figure it out – that in itself is a big step.
- Laugh out loud, and make someone else do the same.
- Put some money away for the future. Anything at all, even if it’s just a dollar. One dollar a day starting at birth in a 4% savings account adds up to $120,000 at age 65. If you put away a bit more than that and just let it be, you won’t have a thing to worry about when you’re old, just chasing a grandchild across the yard.
- Tell someone you love them. Your mother, your wife, your child, a person who influenced your life a ton – whoever you love.
- Do something unexpectedly kind for someone else, just to help them out. If they ask you if you want repaid, tell them to just do a favor for someone else.
If I can do all of these things today, and tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that – then I’m in the process of living a truly rich life.